6 cups (675 g) zucchini, sliced lengthwise
1/2 pound (225 g) ground turkey
1 cup (160 g) onion, chopped
2 teaspoons (6 g) garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon (1.2 g) cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon (0.5 g) dried oregano
1 cup (235 ml) low sodium chicken broth
2/3 cup (130 g) rice
8 ounces (235 ml) no-salt-added tomato sauce
2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
1/4 cup (30 g) flour
1 1/2 cups (355 ml) skim milk
1/2 cup (120 ml) egg substitute
1/4 teaspoon (0.6 g) nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4). Lightly grease a shallow 2-quart (1.9-L) baking dish. Bring 3 cups (705 ml) water to boil in a large nonstick skillet. Add zucchini, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
2. Remove to paper towels to drain. Wipe out skillet. Add turkey, onion, and garlic. Cook until turkey is no longer pink.
3. Stir in cinnamon and oregano, then broth and rice. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring two or three times. Stir in tomato sauce. Remove from heat.
4. Heat oil in a 2-quart (1.9-L) saucepan. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring 1 to 2 minutes without letting mixture brown. Gradually whisk in milk. Cook, whisking constantly, 4 to 5 minutes until thickened and smooth.
5. Whisk one-third of the hot mixture into the egg substitute, then whisk egg mixture into remaining sauce. Remove from heat; stir in nutmeg.
To assemble: Cover the bottom of prepared baking dish with half the zucchini slices. Spoon the turkey mixture over the slices, then cover with remaining zucchini. Pour the milk mixture over everything. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly and top is lightly golden.