- 1 medium-size cucumber
- 400g smoked salmon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp white-wine vinegar
- 2 tsp white sugar
- ½ tsp caraway seeds
- cherry tomatoes
For Te Sauce:
- 4 tbsps Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsps muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsps light olive oil
- 1½-2 tbsps lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
- 20g dill
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthways, then lay it on a chopping board and use a vegetable peeler to shave off long, thin ribbons.
- Place in a non-metallic bowl. Put the white-wine vinegar, white sugar and salt into a small, non-metallic saucepan.
- Place over a gentle heat and stir until the sugar and salt have dissolved.
- As soon as the vinegar starts to bubble, remove from the heat and pour over the cucumber strips.
- Stir in the caraway seeds, then put in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- For the sauce, whisk together the Dijon mustard, lemon juice, muscovado sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil, then stir through the dill (alternatively, mix it all in a blender).
- To serve, divide 400g smoked salmon slices between 6 plates. Drain the cucumber salad of any liquid, add cherry tomatoes as y need. arrange next to the salmon and sprinkle over a few dill fronds. Spoon a little sweet mustard sauce over the salmon and serve the rest in a small bowl.