In our busy day we need something healthy and refreshing during the day to rest and move on again. Today we have one of the easiest and tasty salads.
- 250g asparagus, trimmed.
- 6 spring onions, chopped.
- 500g potatoes, scraped.
- 2 large eggs.
- 70g cubetti.
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard.
- 4 tsp Bart Chives.
- salt & ground black pepper.
- 1 small bag mixed salad leaves.
- 5 tbsp olive oil.
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar.
- 4 tsp Bart Tarragon.
- black olive.
- 100g tuna (optional)
- Place the eggs in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 3 ½ minutes.
- Drain the eggs and plunge into cold water, crack the shells and remove carefully then place in a bowl of cold water and set aside.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 15-20 minutes until just tender.
- 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the asparagus spears to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes until tender.
- heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan and add the pancetta. Cook for a few minutes until browned and cooked.
- Add the onions and cook until soft. Add the vinegar and allow to bubble for a few seconds.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard and the remaining oil. Stir in the chives and tarragon and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the eggs in a bowl of hot water to heat through. Halve the potatoes and place in a bowl with the asparagus and salad leaves and the black olive.
- Add the tuna if you like on the top.
- Add half the dressing and toss together.
- Arrange the salad on 2 warmed plates. Top each with an egg and drizzle with the remaining dressing.