This recipe gives you protein, vegetables, and starch in one easy grilled packet. Try it out and tell us what you think.
1 cup (195 g) instant rice, uncooked
1 cup (235 ml) low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup (56 g) zucchini, sliced
1/2 cup (60 g) carrot, shredded
1/2 pound (225 g) salmon fillets
1/4 teaspoon (0.5 g) black pepper
1/2 lemon, sliced
1. Heat grill to medium. Spray two large pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil with nonstick vegetable oil spray.
2. In a small bowl, mix together rice and broth. Let stand for 5 minutes, or until most of broth is absorbed.
3. Stir in zucchini and carrots, and set aside. Place a salmon fillet in the center of each piece of foil. Sprinkle 4. with pepper and place lemon slices on top. Place rice mixture around each fillet.
5. Fold up foil and bring edges together. Fold over several times to seal. Fold in ends, allowing some room for the 6. rice to expand during cooking.
7. Place on the grill and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until salmon is done.