This is a fairly simple recipe, with the flavor coming from the vegetables. It’s good with pasta or
plain brown rice.
4 ounces (115 g) mushrooms, sliced
1 cup (160 g) onion, sliced
2 tablespoons (19 g) green bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon (0.3 g) dried dill
1 pound (455 g) swordfish steaks
4 small bay leaves
2 tomatoes, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C, or gas mark 6).
2. In a bowl, combine mushrooms, onions, green bell pepper, lemon juice, and dill.
3. Line a shallow baking pan with foil. Spread vegetable mixture in bottom then arrange swordfish steaks on top.
4. Place a bay leaf on each swordfish steak. Place 2 tomato slices on each swordfish steak.
5. Cover pan with foil and bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.