Tasty and healthy meal nice for the weekends when you are not inrush and want enjoy your lunch with family.
- 1 kg boneless, skinless chicken breasts, tenders removed
- 3/4 cup seedless all-fruit raspberry jam
- 2 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- Combine jam and vinegar in a small pan over medium-low heat.
- Cook, stirring often, until the jam is dissolved, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in salt and pepper and let cool slightly.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the sauce. Place chicken breasts and the rest of the sauce in a large sealable plastic bag.
- Seal and shake gently to coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and thyme and cook, stirring often, until the shallots begin to soften, about 1 minute.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade .
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until just beginning to brown, 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the reserved raspberry sauce; stir to melt the jam and coat the chicken.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center, 6 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately.