- 12 slices pepperoni
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 8 slices pepperoni
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Puree
- Clean and trim the cauliflower, breaking it into medium sized pieces.
- Place in a microwave safe bowl with 2 Tbl of cream and 1 Tbl of butter.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10 minutes.
- Stir to coat cauliflower with cream/butter mixture.
- Microwave for another six minutes on high (or until tender.)
- Remove from the microwave and put into a high speed blender or food processor along with the 8 slices of pepperoni and ¼ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You can adjust the cream and butter to your preference for consistency.
For the Casserole
- Spread the cauliflower puree into an 8 x 8 oven proof casserole dish.
- Cover with ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, and layer with pepperoni.
- Bake at 375 degrees (F) for about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.