If you have an indoor grill like the George Foreman models, it is perfect for making these quesadillas. Otherwise, place them on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4) until crisp.
Serve with salsa and fat-free sour cream.[/quote_box_right]
1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
2 1/2 teaspoons (6.5 g) chili powder
1/2 teaspoon (1.5 g) minced garlic
1 teaspoon (1 g) dried oregano
8 ounces (225 g) mushrooms, sliced
1 cup (11 0 g) chicken breast, cooked and shredded
2/3 cup (11 0 g) onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup (30 g) fresh cilantro, chopped
1 1/2 cups (170 g) shredded low fat cheese
16 5 1/2-inch (13.75-cm) corn tortillas
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chili powder, garlic, and oregano and saute for 1 minute.
2. Add mushrooms and saute for 10 minutes, or until tender.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the chicken, onion, and cilantro. Cool for 10 minutes, then mix in the cheese.
4. Spray olive oil spray on one side of 8 of the tortillas and place them oiled-side down on a baking sheet. Divide chicken mixture among tortillas, spreading to an even thickness.
5. Top with the remaining tortillas and spray the tops with olive oil spray. Grill quesadillas for 3 minutes per side, or until heated through and golden brown. Cut into wedges to serve.