- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 7 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups chopped zucchini
- 2/3 cup pearl-size or baby fresh mozzarella balls
- 2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 3 tbsps chopped soft sun-dried tomatoes
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
- Heat oil in a large broiler-safe nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and zucchini and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, 3 to 5 minutes.
- whisk eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour the eggs over the vegetables in the pan.
- Cook, lifting the edges to allow uncooked egg from the middle to flow underneath, until nearly set, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes on top and place the skillet under the broiler until the eggs are slightly browned, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Let stand for 3 minutes. Top with basil.
- To release the frittata from the pan, run a spatula around the edge, then underneath, until you can slide or lift it out onto a cutting board or serving plate. Cut into 4 slices and serve.