- 500 g boneless leg of lamb
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp blue agave syrup
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, cut in quarters
- 1 can low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground chili pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- Trim the fat from the lamb and cut it into small cubes. Sprinkle with the salt.
- Brown the cubes of lamb on all sides in the Dutch oven. Remove the lamb and set aside.
- Brown the onion in the lamb drippings. Add the cumin, pepper, cinnamon, and garlic.
- Stir the onions and spices for a minute, then add the agave syrup and tomato paste.
- Add the sautéed lamb, the apricots, and the broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the lamb is tender (about an hour). Stir occasionally.