This lentil soup is easy and nice soup for the cold days. You will thank me for this as you get warmer and warmer and it just takes about 30 minutes to cook.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into pieces.
- 6 boiled baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 3 tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup pound green beans
- 1/2 cooked beef tenderloin, cut into pieces
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened but not browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until the lentils are tender, 25 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer 5 more minutes.