Flavored with dill and thyme, this is great with fish. Hope you’ll try it and like it as much as I do…
2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
1 cup (160 g) onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon (1 .5 g) chopped garlic
1 cup (190 g) brown rice
2 1/2 cups (590 ml) water
2 teaspoons (2 g) dried dill
1/2 teaspoon (0.7 g) thyme
1/2 teaspoon (1 g) black pepper
1. In a medium pot, heat the oil. Add onions, garlic, and rice, and saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add the water, dill, thyme, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 40 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
4. After 30 minutes, check to see if there is a lot of water left in the pot; if so, remove the cover for the remainder of the cooking time.
5. Let the cooked rice stand in the pot, covered, for 15 minutes.