This is a soup to warm you on a cold day. A slice of bread is all that’s needed to make it a meal.
4 ounces (11 5 g) orzo, or other small pasta
1/2 cup (80 g) onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon (1 .5 g) minced garlic
1 teaspoon (2 g) fennel seed
2 cups (360 g) canned no-salt-added tomatoes
2 cups (470 g) low sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon (0.4 g) dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon (1 g) black pepper
1/4 teaspoon (0.6 g) turmeric
12 ounces (340 g) cod fillets, cut in 1 -inch (2.5-cm) cubes
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large nonstick saucepan coated with nonstick vegetable oil spray, cook onions, garlic, and fennel seed until onion is tender.
3. Add tomatoes, broth, parsley, pepper, and turmeric. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add fish and simmer for 5 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.
5. Divide pasta among four bowls. Ladle soup over pasta.