This complete meal makes a great presentation and tastes delicious. Salmon on Mediterranean way is one of my favorite Salmon recipes.
1 pound (455 g) salmon fillets
1 cup (175 g) couscous
1 cup (113 g) zucchini, sliced
1 cup (160 g) red onion, peeled and sliced
4 ounces (115 g) mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup (75 g) red bell pepper, cut in strips
2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil, divided
1 tablespoon (2.5 g) fresh basil
1. Prepare couscous according to package instructions. Meanwhile, preheat a skillet or griddle pan.
2. Toss the zucchini, onion, mushrooms, and red bell pepper in 1 tablespoon (15 ml) oil. Saute vegetables for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once. Remove from pan.
3. Brush the salmon with the remaining 1 tablespoon (15 ml) oil and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once.
4. Add the vegetables and basil to the couscous and toss well.
5. Serve the vegetable couscous topped with the salmon.