A simple, Creole-style recipe. This recipe is easy to make and it is very delicious and healthy.
Ingredients: [quote_box_right]Tip: You can substitute any other white fish for the catfish.[/quote_box_right]
1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
1 cup (160 g) onion, chopped
1/2 cup (50 g) celery, chopped
1/2 cup (75 g) green bell pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups (360 g) canned no-salt-added tomatoes
1 lemon, sliced
1 tablespoon (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon (7 g) paprika
1 bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon (0.3 g) dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) hot pepper sauce
2 pounds (905 g) catfish fillets
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic. Cook until soft.
3. Add tomatoes and their liquid. Break the tomatoes with a spoon.
4. Add lemon slices, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, bay leaf, thyme, and hot pepper sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until the sauce is slightly thickened.
5. Press fish pieces down into sauce and spoon some of the sauce over the top of the fish.
6. Cover the pan and simmer gently for 10 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve over hot cooked rice.