Easter is coming soon and we all want celebrate and gather family around the table and same time enjoy healthy food.
- 500 g thick-sliced bacon
- 10 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded smoked Gouda or Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup milk
- 1 container sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 500 g fresh asparagus spears
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp; drain.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat eggs, flour, milk, sour cream and crushed red pepper with whisk until blended.
- Stir in asparagus, bell pepper, green onions, three-fourths of the bacon and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until mixture is set in center; top with remaining bacon and cheese during last 5 minutes of bake time.