Avocado one of the most amazing vegetable in the world. In just one avocado your body fills up on vitamins A, C, E, K, B6, high amounts of potassium and of course that “healthy” fat. It also helps improve the absorption of nutrients, reduces signs of aging and regulates your blood sugar.
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 cups hot water
- 1/4 small yellow onion, finely minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3-4 sprigs fresh basil
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, blend avocado, lemon juice, garlic and hot water. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium pan with tall sides over medium-high heat.
- Sauté mushrooms, red pepper, onion, tomato, and basil until they begin to soften.
- Add avocado mixture and heat through until its all done.