Dark leafy greens like spinach are important for skin and hair, bone health, and provide protein, iron, vitamins and minerals. The possible health benefits of consuming spinach include improving blood glucose control in diabetics, lowering the risk of cancer, lowering blood pressure, improving bone health, lowering the risk of developing asthma and more.
- 3 Rashers Back Bacon
- 200 g Baby Spinach
- 60 g Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Small Tomatoes
- 3 Spring Onions
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 30 ml Red Wine Vinegar
- Place rashers of bacon under grill.
- Wash and chop spinach, divide between two plates.
- Dice tomatoes and finely chop onions
- Turn bacon.
- Put olive oil in a small oven proof dish and place under grill to warm.
- Once bacon is cooked, remove from grill, slice into thin strips
- Toss bacon pieces together with spring onions and tomatoes, then split equally between the two plates.
- Drizzle red wine vinegar over salads.
- sprinkle with parmesan cheese.